My Background

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Running update.....

Apologies for poor attention to blogging....here's what I've been up to the past couple of weeks!

Mon 4th Feb: 45 min ER
Tues 5th Feb: 1 hr 10 min ER
Wed 6th Feb: rest
Thurs 7th Feb: rest
Fri 8th Feb: 55 min ER
Sat 9th Feb: rest
Sun  10th Feb: 3 hr LR

Mon 11th Feb: rest
Tues 12th Feb: rest
Wed 13th Feb: 45 min hard run 
Thurs 14th Feb: 45 min SR
Fri 15th Feb: 45 hard run 
Sat 16th Feb: 15.5 miles
Sun 17th Feb: 45 min ER

Mon 20th Feb: 30 min ER
Tues 19th Feb: rest

It's mostly gone well, although week of 4th seemed more difficult than usual, but was busy at work and other things on my mind. LR on 10th was particularly tough, mostly because of the cold and it rained the entire time, and I stopped after 2 hours to discover jelly baby supplies were squashed and wet at the bottom of my rucksack. Gross. But, what if it rains on race day? I must be prepared! No wimping out! This winter has not been short on opportunities for character building runs ;-)

The last week has been a whole lot better. More runs, and been doing some shorter faster ones, plus an EPIC long run on Saturday along the Thames from Putney to Richmond, through Richmond Park and Wimbledon Common. Thanks Andrew for showing me the way! :-) This is my new favourite run! 

So, four days till race #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment