My Background

Monday 13 January 2020

Concrete Cows and Krav - 12.01.2020


There's a few people lately I'd like to show what for. The van driver who stopped at a zebra crossing, and then decided that stopping actually wasn't such a great idea, and decided to drive on whilst I was half way across. And the cyclist, who was cycling on the wrong side of the road, through a red light, and then shouted at me because I didn't see him before I crossed. 

Sometimes, there are no words, no polite ones anyway. Which isn't such a great thing for a blog.

And now I've lost my train of thought, which is also unhelpful.

Oh yes, showing people what for, that was it. Rather than be like Mr Van and Mr Bike, who I am sure are all mouth and no action, I would like to have some welly behind my boot, and if needed to, be able to defend myself against such goons!

Which requires training. Krav training. I've written about Krav before here, and I've been lucky to have done a few sessions now (you would not tell this, if you saw me, but hey), with my friends Alan and Tom (Krav Masters), and my sister Kate and Hisayo (fellow Krav trainees). 

I'll be honest, before I came for my first session, the thought of spending a day in Milton Keynes, outside in winter, I wasn't sure about. But I'm really glad I ignored that thought, and have got into Krav days, as I love it! 

The schedule goes....

3 mile run to the station. Train and coffee with Kate and Hisayo.

Arrive at Milton Keynes to meet Alan and Tom. Run or cycle 2 miles to Willen Lake. 

2 mile Trim Trail around the Lake.....








...followed by Krav drills...



....then, importantly, lunch in the cafe and hot chocolate....

...then more Krav, and sparring practice...


....and an 8 mile run or cycle to finish, past the Peace Pagoda....


....along the canals...


...past the Roman Villa...


...and of course, no run in MK is complete, without a visit to the concrete cows!





Before finishing the run back at the train station. Such a great workout, and brilliant day. Thanks Alan and Tom for teaching us! Love being able to learn new things, be outside and spend time with friends, and be active and have a great workout all at once! Plus, my sister and me have never had an exercise we both like doing...and now we have one! 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment