My Background

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Sunny Scarborough

Do you ever have the feeling that you are running very fast, but going backwards? Metaphorically, of course, not actually running backwards. That would be silly.

Well, last weeks training was:
Monday 13th Jan: 10 mile run, 2 x 3 mile walk
Tuesday 14th Jan: 4.6 mile run, 2 x 3 mile walk
Wednesday 15th Jan: 2 x 3 mile walk
Thursday 16th Jan: 5 mile run, 2 x 3 mile walk
Friday 17th Jan: 3.1 mile run, 3 mile walk
Saturday 18th Jan: rest
Sunday 19th Jan: 2 mile walk

Total miles: 51.7

Pictures from Scarborough 







On Thursday last week I started to feel really tired and my knee started to have a twinge. But it's gone now. I think the walking is really working for me at the minute, feeling like there is a lot going on and it's fitting nicely into the schedule. 50 miles/ week is what I'm aiming for, and I suppose that as this is about 20 miles further than what I've been averaging over the last few months, to start by including walking rather than just running is probably a good thing. Hopefully from next week onward I will have the chance to start bumping up the volume on the weekends.

So I was feeling quite pleased, until I realized that I am going to have to do that whole entire distance in one DAY, not one week. Cripes. 

The other major point of note this week is that I have also been HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL THE TIME! As a student dietitian this is a very bad confession that I have to make that the chocolates and biscuits that I ate a Christmas under the excuse of, well, it was Christmas wasn't it, have kind of carried on a bit, because I'm hungry and busy and tired. This is a very bad example. So, I'm going to start searching for healthy nutritious recipes and start collecting them on here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment