My Background

Sunday 30 November 2014

Frozen peas, dreams and philosophy

No running at all since my last blog...

Exactly 2 weeks today!

I know, that lots of people think that I go on about running a lot, and really who cares, it's not that big a deal? There are loads of other things to be doing. And they are right! Of course there are. But I did some quick calculations, which once having realised the answer I wished I hadn't thought about it, at all - but anyway, I worked out that running has been a part of my life for 19 years (HOW OLD AM I?!?! yikes), and so when it's not a part of my life, it just feels WRONG!

I've had a few sports massages now, have sat for many evenings with frozen peas strapped to the bad hip, spent lots of boring time stretching (although this got a lot better once I realised I could do it at the same time as brushing my teeth - love a good multi-task), took anti-inflammatories for a few days, and bought a foam roller, which I used a few times, but I've gone off it because it's too painful, so if anyone wants one, there is one going free here.

All for some bruised ligaments and/or psoas muscle.

At the last beating up session from the physio, she said that it all felt a lot looser, which I think is a compliment, and tomorrow I'm allowed to try a short run to test it out! Feeling nervous! At all other times apart from running time, I don't feel anything wrong with it at all, so no idea if it's any better or not. Have had two dreams the last two nights that I have been for runs and everything was fine, so I'm hoping I've become psychic, and not just hopeful.  

Well, if there's one thing I've learnt from this it is to stop taking things for granted. I never think twice about being able to do something I love pretty much whenever I want to do it, but actually when you stop and think about that, that's a pretty lucky thing to be able to say. But I'd never really thought about it before. And the next time that I do lace up my trainers and hit the trail, I'll remember that I'm lucky to have a body that lets me do this, and to live somewhere that I can go out and do what I want, and have the time to do it, and friends and family to share it with.


 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment