My Background

Saturday 1 February 2020

Bohemian Run - 50 km - 01.02.2020


A run with Saturn Running today, at a new venue - from the Lee Valley White Water Centre, for a few hours of some 4.4 mile laps, of a Queen themed run. 

January has been quite the disaster. Everyone else has been running every day/ going vegan/ doing dry January/ being healthy/ making new starts/etc etc etc. I've managed none of these. So, my performance today would be IN THE LAP OF THE GODS, and I'd need A KIND OF MAGIC to prevent DEATH ON TWO LEGS.

But, FRIENDS WILL BE FRIENDS, and with plenty of them around, we can HANG ON IN THERE, and run HEADLONG until WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.

It's been too long since we could say THANK GOD ITS CHRISTMAS, and after a week of feeling UNDER PRESSURE, I WANT(ed) TO BREAK FREE. A good long run felt like HEAVEN FOR EVERYONE. It took me about a half marathon to get there, but I finally started to feel like I'd stopped going RADIO GA GA, or even like I'M GOING SLIGHTLY MAD, and for the last four and a bit laps to get to 50 km, I felt like I had STAYING POWER and that I could again PLAY THE GAME.

Apart from my feet. I brought the wrong trainers. PAIN IS SO CLOSE TO PLEASURE. Or not. Just bloody painful really. I like Queen, but that is a really weird name for a song.

Excluding the footwear issues, I actually felt pretty good considering my last long run was three weeks ago. I'm DOING ALL RIGHT.

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST. Thank you Saturn. I absolutely loved the course, and Saturn runs are always fun. Thanks to all my friends there for a lovely day, and Andrew for running with me! THESE ARE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES!

Now it's time to go LAZING ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON....

Not really....

If there is ONE VISION to get to 100 mile running, you must SPREAD YOUR WINGS, and DON'T STOP ME NOW, then THE SHOW MUST GO ON....

...with a run tomorrow. IT'S A HARD LIFE.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Amy. 'The Tortoise' is starting to worry about the 100 Recce and having to haul out on multiple days. Certainly UNDER PRESSURE. I may be a FAT BOTTOMED GIRL at the start but 4 days of running should fix that issue - unless I live on chocolate and biscuits the whole time.
    The 100 will be a long haul when I come to do it in one go and will soon lose the will to live - WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOR EVER when you have miles and miles ahead of you!
    Hopefully the conditions will be on our side and it won't be a Valley's 100 ESCAPE FROM THE SWAMP as we rush HEADLONG into another bog.
    If you have a free day before the recce, how about YOU AND I head to the Surrey Hills?
    This could be a good topic for the next Surrey Tops 10th tee approach! Tara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 10th Tee of Queen....
      A: ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST (me)
      B: I can tell by you BODY LANGUAGE you are hating this as much as me
      C: Please let the 10th Tee be COMING SOON
      D: DEAR FRIENDS...we are DOING ALL RIGHT (no, we are not!)...

      I had better save some for the real thing! At least on the recce we will have GOOD COMPANY!

      Delete