My Background

Sunday 17 May 2020

Lockdown Running: week 7 & week 8

Lockdown running week 7 was a good one. I was getting a bit fed up of running and people dodging in the city, it was true, and was hopeful of the upcoming BoJo announcement at the end of the week that might signal some hope and escape from the city walls. But, despite the underlying current of monotomy of the same limited routes, I did my daily 5 kms to and from work, and a fast (for me) 10km to celebrate the bank holiday Friday to St Paul's in the evening. 


On the Saturday I did my longest run of lockdown - a half marathon, and made it all the way past Buckingham Palace to Green Park and back. The joy of running somewhere (even slightly) different was almost too much, and I pushed myself to run faster and feel the joy of feeling the warm spring air across my skin, running down Birdcage Walk and pretending I was doing the last mile of the London Marathon with all those other runners and people celebrating on the streets. Oh, how I missed those days! 




Then on Sunday, the day of the anticipated announcement, I woke up feeling a bit tired and not very engaged in life. Cycled to Hyde park with Andrew and then ran home, but feeling tired, to make up 53 miles for the week. Then I got a migraine and missed the anticipated announcement (which turned out to be the only slightly good one for weeks)

Lockdown week 8 has been a total write off, so there's not much to write about. My migraine turned into virus like symptoms, I slept for 48 hours almost solid, and had most of the the other symptoms. Thankfully it turned out not to be it. I didn't barely move for 5 days, and was a most miserable morsel of malady. Thank you all my family and friends for your kindness and support, and looking after me, and putting up with my melancholy! I just manged a slow 5 km run again, so am beginning a gradual climb up out of the doldrums. Hurrah! 

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well, missing you all 💚💛💜💙💗

No comments:

Post a Comment