My Background

Saturday 22 August 2020

Back to races! SVN, marathon, 22.08.2020

How good to be back! I knew I was missing races while I was missing them, but I didn't realise quite how much I was missing them, until I did one, if that makes sense.

Today is the first day of the SVN 20 in 20 events, which I attended to do my 1 in 1 😂 although now it will be 2 in 3, as I'm going back on Monday.

So good to see so many faces who I haven't seen in months! I wasn't sure about going back to events yet, with all the social distancing measures now in place, I wasn't sure if it would have quite the same atmosphere that I love. But it did, of course. Staggered starts, so not seeing everyone together at once felt a bit different, and not having the usual aid station was sad (an SVN aid station is a treat). But other than that, it was the same as normal, still got to see everyone out on the laps (8 for a marathon), and there was just the same old cheer and love I remember! All very well set up - marathons can be run safely in Covid!

Thanks Craig for a great race (and for the San Pellegrino)! So much to catch up on - hardly noticed we ran a marathon at the same time 😆 Well, maybe a bit, I think I've lost a bit of speed with only focusing on mileage and not speed work, but 4:17's not bad for the first one back. Thanks Richard for the photo bomb.....the good old days are back! 




Thanks SVN for an excellent day! Good luck to all the TiTs and TWiTs 🍀 See you Monday....

No comments:

Post a Comment