My Background

Saturday 10 October 2020

A Cheeky Little Pop Up Run - 10.10.2020 with Saturn Running

Some days are just fun! I always have fun at Saturn runs, so no surprise I guess!

I've lost confidence for the Halloween 100 in three weeks, and started off today feeling not on form and feeling even less confident, but thanks Andrew and Craig for the first lap, and Andrew for the rest of the laps, and soon I warmed up and felt better, and did 4:13 which isn't too bad. Lots of smiles and chats - I missed everyone in lockdown, and it still feels exciting to see everyone again 😊

I like this route - 6 laps for a marathon, from Egham up to Staines and back, then the other way to Runnymead and back (that's the best bit, I think). Autumn is in the air and the trees are turning into beautiful colours along the river. Bit of rain, bit of sun, nice and cool, but not too cold. Nice for running. 

Didn't fall over. Yay!

Because it was a pop-up run, we got to pick our medals at the end. I've wanted this one for ages!


I had two gin and tonics, and two pints during the run (in sweet form, don't worry). And I can confirm that the cafe by the finish does good fish and chips, and give you extra salt and vinegar. 

Thanks Team Saturn and volunteers, and everyone for a lovely day! 💜🍰💛

No comments:

Post a Comment