My Background

Friday 11 December 2020

The Jolly Christmas Jingle Christmas Pop-Up Marathon, 11.12.2020

 


A Friday marathon, in what is probably going to be a bit of a brief period between lockdowns!

My first time on the Saturn Running Staines route - 6 x 4 and a bit mile laps along the north of the river. I think it's my new favourite lap route. Starts and finishes at a brewery for one thing. And the path is nice and wide, all along the River Thames, with nice views of the river and of peoples posh houses. 

Great to see lots of familiar faces. Ran all the way with Craig, plus Simon for three laps. Thanks for the company chaps! Time really flies when you're with friends, especially when you haven't seen them for ages, and it felt like it was over before it started really. Did 4:18 and, it felt fine. 2020 may have been a disaster in many ways, but at least I can still run a marathon.

Saw a little white dog with dreadlocks. Lots of swans. And a giant real life Christmas tree decorated with baubles.

I love my medal (the Nearly But Not Quite The London Marathon medal). The little bus has 26.2 on it (for a marathon), and the bus I get from home to Waterloo to get the train to these races is the Number 26! This morning, on the bus, whilst we were going through the City near Bank at about 06:30, in one of the giant office blocks I saw a security guard up a ladder with a really long (like, really long) feather duster, dusting all the baubles on a giant (maybe, 20 foot tall) Christmas tree. I don't think I've ever dusted a bauble. Ever. Definitely not at 06:30 am.

That was a fun day. Thanks George and Saturn Running Team for another great event!

No comments:

Post a Comment