My Background

Monday 19 April 2021

27 miles in MK (Saturday) and Saturn's God Gave Rock and Running To You 50 km (Sunday)

Good to be getting back in to some back to back long runs, to notch up the training miles ahead of summer adventures! 

Saturday - 27 miles in Milton Keynes 

With Alan and Andrew. Good to see Alan again after the lastest Lockdown! 


Spring is in the air for sure, and it was great to be out on the trails again.








Post run tea and cake - thanks Alan!



Sunday - God Gave Rock and Running to You, 50 km with Saturn Running

Very excellent to be back for my first Saturn event since lockdown! I do love this route - along the north bank of the Thames by Staines (or, St Aines). Each lap is just over 4 miles, but they go by so quick I find - there are so many different sections to the lap that I think it's quite easy to break it up. There are many many posh houses to look at, so many swans in the river (saw a Dalmatian try to start a fight with a swan and two geese, then change it's mind), the Thames twinkling tranquilly in the sunshine (before it shortly crashes down through a weir), a meadow, a lock, and an ice cream van!! Lovely run today and fabulous to see many of the crew out there. I do like lapped events, I know a lot of people I tell about them don't get them at all. But for me, it's not about the medal, nor about adding on another number to the tally. I love them because you have several hours away from the "real world" with nothing to worry about other than how long it will be before you next come across another friend to have a smile and a chat with. And with laps, you know that won't be long. Loved it very much today. Nice and relaxed, lots of catch ups, and an ice cream! Thanks Saturn!










No comments:

Post a Comment