My Background

Sunday 27 March 2022

Phoenix Running Squid Run - the Square Run, 29.5 miles, 26.03.2022

My Squid Games knowledge is still lacking, but I do know that the workers who are of the highest level have a square on their masks, and can give orders to the workers who have triangles and circles on their masks and supervise them. I've got a triangle and a square now, and if I get the circle I might even watch the programme. 

Although clueless as to the topic of the run, I was very impressed by the group running dressed in Squid Games costumes!

It was the most beautiful day down by the river. Sunshine, blue skies, and lovely and warm.

Ran the first 2 laps with Andrew, and then Paul joined us, so ran another 7 laps altogether. I have never run with Paul before, and it was great fun, and the miles passed by really fast and we all did an ultra (29.5 miles). And thank you for the half way emergency sun cream! 

Huge congratulations to Simon on his 250th marathon! Epic milestone!

Good times in the pub afterwards, sat in the sun with rehydrating beverages. And thanks Rob and Andrew for a fun trip back to the Big Smoke!

Thank you Phoenix, to Rik and Nicole for looking after us at the aid station, and for the supply of shrimps Nicole!

Like the boat says, happy days 💙😃🏃

No comments:

Post a Comment