My Background

Friday 29 July 2022

Freaky Friday Marathon with Phoenix Running, 29.07.2022

A Friday morning marathon down by the Thames.

Lots to catch up on with Sarah, as it has been almost one whole month since we have run together, so the miles flew by. Thank you Sarah for listening to me go on and on, for miles and miles, about all my work woes! And for the bring your own shrimps (smartly solving the shrimp supply shortage)....

It was a 04:30 start, and a nice bus ride to Waterloo.

By the time I got to Walton-on-Thames, I needed a wee, so had to make a detour to McDonalds. It was quiet, and I felt like the staff were watching me, so I was guilt tripped into getting a coffee, which I then had to run along the towpath with, with varying success (it got a bit better the more I drank). 

A nice and sociable run, catching up with people on the way round.

We found a tiny sleepy mouse, who I'm not sure was very well, as even Kendal Mint Cake and ice lolly didn't perk him up....


But the ice lolly (Rockets) on lap 5 had more of an effect on us, and off we tootled into the sunshine for 3 more laps. It was quite toasty by the end, but running the Hampton Court way was nice and shady.

Freakin Fabulous Friday morning! Thanks Rik and Phoenix. Well done to everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment