My Background

Friday 8 December 2023

Phoenix Running - Christmas Jumper Friday Run, marathon, 08.12.2023

All train journeys are now marathons in themselves. 

I got up at 04.50 so as to be able to catch the 06.50 train, to discover on the way to the station that the 06.50 train was cancelled, due to lack of staff. I assume that was due to the strikes going on for however long they are going on for at the moment. Is a strike that lasts this long actually still a strike, or is it now normal?? Could I drive a train? I can drive a car, can it be that much harder? Could they privatise individual trains? So a group of you could buy a train together, and run your own service for yourselves, then if it was late or cancelled, you would only have youselves to blame? In fairness, I would strike every Monday, given the opportunity. These were my thoughts in all of the copius time I had, waiting for a train that was actually running, whilst wandering around London in the early morning darkness. Saw the Christmas lights. Did some online shopping. Had a coffee. Finally (and feeling quite acomplished with all the tasks I had completed), a train left, and off we went!


A Christmas-y day by the river, to celebrate Sarah's 350th marathon - WOW! The theme was Christmas jumpers, and there were some excellent choices on display. Bizarrely, given it is December, it was far too hot for Christmas jumpers, a balmy 11oC and sunshine. This was all thanks to me, as I had forgotten to bring my sunglasses. 

Many, many dogs out (some love Christmas outfits, some really don't), and all of the swans, but no Dimitri. I expect he is wintering in Spain, and who could blame him.

A chat-athon was completed.

Congratulations Sarah! 

A mint Chocolate Orange for finsihing! Or, is it a Chocolate Mint? Anyway - YUM! 

Thank you Gavin for my amazing surprise gift! 

Thanks Rik and Team Phoenix for an excellent day of festive fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment