My Background

Friday 28 June 2013

2 days till Marathon #7!

Two weeks has gone by in a flash! Strange feeling – my last marathon seems like really quite a long time ago, yet only four weeks since then. More than ready for the next one now J Again I feel prepared in body, but not in mind yet, but travelling back op north tonight, so I’m hoping by being in closer proximity to the race (and the hills) will get me focussed, sharpish J
So last weekend my parents did their epic walk – 100km from London to Brighton to raise money for the British Heart Foundation...Andrew and me went along to ‘help’ with the night section, although they seemed to be doing quite well enough by themselves still at 11.30pm when we met them! I found it really tough! There is a reason why we sleep each night. Between maybe 3 and 5 am my legs felt like they were made from stiff wooden boards and wouldn’t do what I wanted them too, they were heavy and stiff and I couldn’t think normally. I felt worse after 12 miles than after a marathon and I didn’t know what was wrong. We stopped at a checkpoint and had a terrific cup of tea, and as we were drinking it the sun began to rise. As we started off again, I felt back to normal. So, it was either the new day beginning, or a cup of tea which worked. Who knows, anyway, I felt better!
And the whole thing was a lot of fun! 

Running update since last blog:
Mon 17th: rest
Tuesday 18th: 30 min ER
Wed 19th: rest
Thurs 20th: Run 45 min ER (in Hull, rained, cold L )
Fri 21st: rest
Sat 22nd: 20 mile walk.....
Sun 23rd: .......
Mon 24th: 40 min ER
Tues 25th: rest
Wed 26th: rest
Thursday 27th: 30 min ER
Fri 28th: rest
Sat 29th: 30 min ER
Sun 30th: MARATHON #7 !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment