My Background

Monday 10 June 2013

Back in the game!

Last Saturday's official chip time was 3.48.37 woo hoo! And here's a picture to prove I was there, as I realize up until now you've only had my word for it:

I was totally beating those men. Absolutely. They weren't about to overtake or probably lap me. No.

The race organizers have sent me a breakdown and report of my lap times, which is really very useful and I'm really pleased with my splits. I appreciate that it's not particularly interesting to anyone else, so I'll summarize quickly and painlessly - I kept my pace between 8.25 to 8.57 min/mile for the whole race, and my last lap was my fastest! I've never managed to keep my pace steady through a whole marathon before. Laps, well then, there may be something in them.

Anyway. After the excitement of the race I was hit by a migraine which ruined the next few of days and annoyed me because the massage had sorted out my legs so I felt that I could have run again easily. Got back running on Thursday and then did:

Thursday AM: 3.5 miles, 30.44 min, 8'35''/mile, 304 kcal
Thursday PM: 5 miles, 42.52 min, 8'34''/mile, 425 kcal
Friday: 3 miles, 26.16 min, 8'31''/mile, 252 kcal
Saturday: 6.5 miles, 56.59 min, 8'44'/mile, 554 kcal, 
Sunday: rest day
Monday: 6.5 miles, 55.00 min

If you run twice in one day you get an award on Nike Plus!

Pretty nice running weather this week, nice a light and warm, but a bit polleney, and there are too many flies, and today I swallowed one, which is disgusting. Bleugh. Despite the flies everyone is happier definitely in the sunshine and it's nice to be out in the park in the evening when it's full of people doing active stuff. I saw a guy running on the spot on roller-blades, now that's anidea! You could do that in the winter indoors if you couldn't get out running in the snow.

Anyway, off to bed, early run tomorrow (and now I've said it, I can't chicken out).....

No comments:

Post a Comment