My Background

Monday 22 July 2013

Venice: the land of dreams!

So the last couple of days in the IoW were spent chilling out at the campsite, eating lots of camping food and flying a kite. Kind of nice to wake up late and not have to put my rucksack on! 

Even nicer to come home from holiday to know that you have another holiday to go on tomorrow!

On Friday morning we went for a pre-holiday 2 run in Wimbledon which was supposed to be a big 13 mile run (to create a calorie deficit in time for all the Venice ice-creams), but I fell over a tree root after 3 miles and cut my right leg all the way up, so now my holiday legs which I was pretty happy with are ruined :-( and so is the run - thanks Andrew for putting me on a bus back home :-) I would still be lying there in a wretched heap if I'd been on my own. On the bright side, nothing seems to have been permanently damaged!

After a shower I cheered up and en-route to Venice! I could seriously get used to permanent holidays. 


The 'Easter Crew' are all there! Caroline, Malcolm, Penny, Paul, Sue, Annette, John, Andrew, me. We rented a huge period apartment with high ceilings and marble floors and old furniture - beautiful. Marvelous time relaxing and exploring the city and catching up with friends. Much ice-cream, delicious food and gin-and-tonics are consumed, so a couple of early morning runs are included to keep things in balance (ish). 


Nice to see a different view of the city early in the morning, it's enchanting in the early morning light before it gets too hot and busy. Running up and down the bridges and through tiny streets is certainly different to a normal run and lots of fun, and picking up pastries and coffee for breakfast for everyone on the way back is definitely a good incentive to run quickly!



No comments:

Post a Comment