My Background

Saturday 10 August 2013

One sleep till Marathon #9!

Blister healed! New trainers excellent. Running in them is like running on clouds :-) And they are white and pink and purple. I like them much more than my old ones which were black. When I first started running a long way, the man in the running shop I used to go to was helping me find a good pair of trainers, and we had narrowed it down to two pairs. I finally made a decision (which is always an effort), and he asked my why I'd gone for the pair I had, and I said well they both feel as good as the other, and I like the colour of this pair better. And I got told off for choosing them for that reason! Ooops. Well, I think it is important to like how they look as well, I spend a lot of time in them! And, I am pleased to say that my decision was right, because I still wear the same type now!

Easy rest week this week with some small local runs in the park:
Mon: rest
Tues: rest
Wed: 5 miles 
Thurs: rest
Fri: 4 miles
Sat: 2 miles

Feeling good and looking forward to the Salisbury 5-4-3-2-1 tomorrow....
5 rivers
4 hills
3 big country estates
2 castles
1 cathedral

Camping on the New Forest tonight! Have made some granola for breakfast and have pasta supplies for tonight, so all set......



I bought some sunflowers from the flower man this morning. My Auntie loved them, and we all took them to her funeral, and then she wanted us to keep the seeds and then scatter them wherever we liked, so that there would be lots of new sunflowers growing in new places. I had an accident with my sunflower when I was trying to dry it's seeds on top of the fridge, and it fell behind the back and the seeds exploded all over the floor and got lost under the fridge. Sigh. So now I have 3 new ones :-) I'm looking at the seeds in the middle of the flowers though, and they don't look like sunflower seeds that you buy in shops that you can eat. But maybe they're from a different type of sunflower. Anyway, I'm sure it will be fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment