My Background

Monday 11 November 2013

The end...?

It's been more than a week now since the last marathon.

I haven't felt at all like I thought I would since then. When I stood at the first start line, with to be honest only a vague wisp of a dream that I might make it to the last finishing line, I thought that if I did make it, I would be ecstatic, and probably to tired to feel anything else.

But the year went well, the races were brilliant, and the experiences great. I felt I was improving, and I felt like I was doing something positive, and it sounds silly but I felt my Auntie was still here because I talked about this and about her so much.

So actually, now it's over, I haven't been feeling good about that!

So, to remember all of the good times of the year I collected my medals together....


...and when I look at them I am very proud to have run for my Auntie, and to have raised over £1000 for the Scleroderma Society and the Raynaud's and Scleroderma Association! THANK YOU so much to everyone for your generosity! I never thought we would raise this much money, and it's truly fantastic for these charities who do such great work.

And I have been so touched by everyone's support and interest in my challenge! It was completely unexpected and, wow, it's meant so much :-)

So, I guess I can spend a little more time reflecting on the last year. But then, even though it is over, I hope that it is going to be the opening chapter...... I have started thinking about next year now!

....I will keep you posted. I also think I will keep up with my blog. I'm not really sure it's that interesting to people anymore, but I feel quite attached to it now, a bit like keeping a diary and then stopping, although I guess, maybe that's the point, I should just switch to a diary a this point. But then, I also feel like I should have a blog, what with it being in the 21st century and all, and I don't know what else to write about apart from running! So I'll keep it!

No comments:

Post a Comment