My Background

Tuesday 4 March 2014

There's a spring in my step!!!

It's March! It's March! It's officially SPRING! Good times are coming! You know when something in the air changes around this time of year, and it's like the heaviness of winter lifts, and the air feels fresher and lighter? This has happened! Granted, it's still bloody freezing, but maybe not even for that much longer!


The last week of winter training was:
Monday 24th Feb: 10km run at home (to White Coppice and to Anglezarke)
Tuesday 25th Feb: circuit training
Wednesday 26th Feb: walk 3 miles, run 9.3 miles (with running club, last few miles with some of the people who are doing the Woldsman in July, go go go Team Woldsman!)
Thursday 27th Feb: run 13.5 miles (6am, Leeds, rain, ouch)
Friday 28th Feb: gym for core exercises (argh)
Saturday 1st March: run 6.2 miles, walk for a couple of hours
Sunday 2nd March: rest, and eating

Highlights: my Mum and Dad did a 25 mile race walk near Bolton Abbey in the Dales on Saturday. Went to watch, although failed in role as a supporter because they beat us to the meeting point and then I didn't have a phone signal to find them. Epic fail :-( But they did amazing anyway! So Andrew and me went to look around Bolton Abbey and went for a walk along the River Wharf. So pretty! You can walk across the river on stepping stones but the water was so high because of the rain they were totally submerged! 

So, didn't quite walk 25 miles, but still an ice cream was in order. You have to celebrate your successes, however small. 


Other highlights of the weekend included food. Lots of food. Made pizza and cheese scones and roast beef and rhubarb and custard tart......so this week I compensated by having some salads, until today (only Tuesday) when it was Pancake Day, of all days, so all that went out the window.....

Why do we only have pancakes on only one day of the year though? They are really very good, pancake day should be regular, like Monday mornings. 


Lowlights: 
13.5 miles around Leeds in the early morning while it was still dark was quite depressing, to be honest. I've added it to my list of 'character building' runs, which people always harp on about as being important, and which is becoming quite a long list.  

I've also been complaining lately (a lot, sorry) about being tired and everything is so much effort, and it's so hard to run, etc etc etc. Have self-diagnosed myself as anaemic, which of course, I know, you shouldn't do by yourself. But, I know if I go to the Drs the following will happen 1) they will say, what do you expect if you suddenly started running a lot more than you used to, of course you'll feel tired, 2) OK, if you're going to be awkward, let's do a blood test....and I'll have to have a blood test and it will be awful and I might faint, and then I'll have to wait for ages, and try to call the Dr to get the result, and get put on hold for ages, and then I will get the result, and it will be a bit low, so I'll have to go to the chemist and get some tablets. Or......I could try taking them anyway because I have loads of times before, and see if it helps, and if it does I will save the Drs time, and will feel better sooner. So, I did, and I do. Yay!

Final thought. I have been focused on bridesmaid shoe shopping this week for Katie's wedding, and have shoes on my mind.....



1 comment:

  1. That ice cream looks amazing!!!! Thought ours was quite good from the kiosk just up the river from Bolton Abbey (at Barden Bridge) but yours looked better. You may think you failed in roll of supporter but you more than compensated by cooking those brilliant homemade pizzas. Perfect after a 25 mile walk.
    Pancakes can be eaten any day. We should start a campaign 2make the 1st of every month pancake day!!
    Well done on another good training week.
    Mum & dad xx

    ReplyDelete