My Background

Sunday 11 January 2015

The Super-Parents

For Christmas, my Dad asked for running clothes, as he had decided to give running a go. As he had been good during the year, Santa agreed to the request. 


Suitably attired, and looking very professional, my Dad set off doing some runs around the local area, building up to 5 km of running and some walking. 

This morning, we went out for our first run together! Age 65, my Dad ran 5 km, none stop (his longest run in 50 years), on a hilly course......in 33 minutes! He's a natural! Look out for him (near the front) at a race near you. For his birthday (in 2 weeks), I am going to enter him in a race, although he doesn't know that, till he reads this. 

Unimpressed by all this showing off, my Mum went for an 8 mile walk, and came back less than 2 hours later, having also decided to do some running. 

They are machines, the pair of them. 

But in a good way, of course. I am very proud of them! 


1 comment:

  1. Me and my big mouth ! Please make it a 5k and not a 10k, I want to make next year's birthday, too !
    Roadrunner 65
    Thank you for the comments "Super daughter". I'm very proud of you to. I should point out to anyone reading this I only "run" (well slow jog really) on downhill parts of a walk so that gravity gives me a hand!!.
    Really pleased your hip seems to be on the mend though Amy. I know you've really found it hard not being able to run.
    Mum xx

    ReplyDelete