My Background

Tuesday 24 May 2016

The Dorset 100.....4 days to go......


Last night I was talking about unicorns. Then while I was asleep I had all sorts of dreams about The 100. 

And then today, on my last minute shopping trip to buy first aid kit essentials (by-the-by, what is the difference between plasters, adhesive dressing, low adherent dressing, and fixation tape?) I found these socks:


It's like it's a sign. Or something. Bearing in mind what my dreams were about, I'm not altogether sure that it's a good idea to never stop dreaming. It's all gone a bit blurry now, but there was definitely a lot of stuff about getting lost in a whole load of different places, I almost got disqualified at the first checkpoint because it took me so long to get there, one of the checkpoints was some kind of Hollywood dressing room with glitter balls and ribbons floating everywhere, I lost my shoes, and I ended up in a dark wood. 

That unicorn has definitely got a sinister look in it's eye. 

Having a bit of a mid-week crisis about how much there is to do, and realising that I only have three days to do it in this week, and therefore it is not mid-week after all, but in fact almost the end. On the plus side, I would be completely up for starting the 100 right this second, and in fact keeping going for far more than 100 miles, if I could run away from everything right now. And the thought of getting lost doesn't even bother me (unless it was in a dark wood, with that unicorn hot on my heels) because then I'd never be able to find my way back, and I could escape forever. So maybe dreams are good, after all. 

Good night. And sweet dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment