My Background

Saturday 28 May 2016

The Dorset 100......is today!

Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.5 hours to go!!!!!!!!!!

Woken up totally terrified! What am I doing??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Had some more illuminating dreams last night. The one I woke up from, Andrew had made me eat 5 blue marbles, which made me sick, but I couldn't throw up the marbles, which got stuck inside me. Then I had to be off work for 48 hours because I'd been sick, but I forgot to call them, so I think I lost my job. I the closer it got to the run starting, the more anxious I got and the more I could feel the marbles. I am genuinely terrified by what is going on in my brain all the time that I don't even know about. And at least there's no chance of loosing my marbles, if they're stuck inside me.

Final kit check (eyes looking a bit scared)......


Blimey there's a lot of stuff. Have checked everything 3 times and I bet I've still not ot something as get disqualified.

Final day of recces yesterday with Andrew and my parents....beautiful scenery and beautiful weather. 

Only one big getting lost incident. 1.5 miles altogether, sure glad that happened yesterday and not today...although I know there will definitely be parts where I'll get lost again, I just have to remember...you're not lost unless you're both not where you're meant to be and you don't know where you are, both at once.

Just had breakfast number 2 - bacon and egg butty and coffee. Almost ready for the off. About to take some precautionary painkillers and hay-fever tablets. And patch up my feet with precautionary blisters plasters, talcum powder and party feet gel patches. 

Thank you for all the kind words and support! It means a lot to me, and I will remember all your kindness when the going gets tough (at approx. 12.05pm).

And with that....it's time to go!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment