My Background

Wednesday 9 May 2018

Marathon #70 - The Ranscombe Spring Challenge, 28.04.18

Lovely run for number 70, thanks to SVN running, in the Ranscombe Farm Nature Reserve in Rochester. The name Spring was quite misleading, as was the weather forecast, which turned out to be least accurate weather forecast ever. Really glad I brought sun cream instead of a waterproof. Really. 



The run was a timed one, of laps of about 4.5 miles around the nature reserve (the first half up a hill, the second half down). Which is 6 laps for a marathon, and which gives plenty of chance to reflect on the route, which went something as follows:




Lap 1 reflection: The route is too hard, I can't do 5 more.


Lap 2 reflection: Maybe it's alright. There's only 4 laps left now anyway.

Lap 3 reflection: Yes, the route is OK! And it's pretty much half way there now. Time to raid the cake at the aid station to celebrate. Ooooh, Rocky Road! Chocolate cake!

Lap 4 reflection: I love this route, I love hills, I love the bluebells, I love the rain, I love everything. I think I ate too much cake. I feel a bit high and sugary.




Lap 5 reflection: Cake is wearing off. I love half of the route. The downhill part. I'm bored of the rain. Still love the bluebells though. Might have some more cake.

Lap 6 reflection: I love this route, I love hills, I love bluebells, I love rain, I love everything. I think I ate too much cake again. But who cares, I finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment