My Background

Sunday 27 January 2019

#95 The Excalibur One, 27.01.19


Back to Essex today, for the Excalibur One run, with Phoenix Running - 6 hours to run 5km laps around the (muddy) River Stort.

Did I mention it was muddy? I did? Well, blow me down, I'll say it again, it was muddy. A mud-fest. A giant bog. A mud-bath. I knew we couldn't have got away with the mud-free Winter Tanners last weekend without some kind of payback. My new trainers are not looking so new anymore.


Started off OK for a couple of laps today, but it didn't last, and really found it hard going today, and I'm not sure why. I really hope it is just a temporary thing, as I have no idea how I will get to #100, do 10 in 10, or run 100 miles, if I feel this dismal after one run! 

Despite that, there were loads of fabulous people out today, both running and marshalling. It was lovely to see you all on the way round, and thank you for the chats and smiles and encouragement, it helped enormously, and despite feeling under par, I really enjoyed the day. 

Did 10 laps, so 32.8 miles, in 5:40, and just in case I forget how bad I felt, got a sword to remind me that even difficult runs can be conquered...


Thanks to all the marshals today who looked after us in the cold, and well done runners - great performances all around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment