My Background

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Nothing has happened....

....but in a good way!

My almost biggest worry about the Hadrian Hundred (other than doing it) was recovering from it. I've probably bored everyone with tales of despair from the last hundred I did 2 years ago, where I was sick afterwards, and couldn't run for three months. I was exhausted, always ill, having all these heart symptoms - whenever I even walked up stairs my heart would race and I'd feel sick, and if I tried to run it was even worse. I had an ECG and there wasn't anything wrong, and eventually I got back to normal, but it was a bit frightening, and I was in such a bad mood the whole time not being able to run. I was really worried it would happen again this time.

But it hasn't! Flippin awesome! 

I keep thinking it will though, that I'll wake up one day and feel like that again. But so far so good. I also rested properly this time, and didn't even try to run for a bus, for 5 whole days.  

On Saturday, I went for my first little run in the park, but a bird pooed on me after 5 km, so I took that as a sign that I had started running again too soon and should stop, so went for ice cream instead. Plus, it's lucky right, to be pooed on by a bird? I'm sorry, but I really don't believe that; I'm pretty sure it's just to make you feel better about the fact you have been unexpectedly covered in poo, from above.

I also took time to stop and smell the roses, as taking time to stop and smell the roses in life in general is important for emotional wellbeing, and here was a perfect and literal opportunity presenting itself, to do just that...



I checked the sky for birds on Sunday:



It was clear, so ran 10 km and still felt OK, and there were no more bird incidents. I think this means that it's OK to run, and I should stop worrying about it now, and crack on. 

Looking forward to runs A and N on Saturday! The Air Run in the morning and the KNight Run in the evening, my first double ultras in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment