My Background

Thursday 20 June 2019

Two days...until the Norfolk 100 km, of my HANNAH Challenge!

Yes, only two days to go until the next part of my Running For Hannah Challenge! 

Next up is the Han"N"ah run....the Norfolk 100km.

I'm really nervous. I've never run a 100 km before. I walked the Oxfam Trailwalk 100 km in 2009....2009...TEN YEARS ago!!! But I've never run one. Trailwalk was the first time I'd ever done exercise overnight. Sometime in the early hours of the morning, I hit a wall and lost all power. Soon after, my Auntie, who was being our support crew, was due to meet us. My main memory of the event, is of seeing her with her car parked in a field in the dark, with a camping stove out the back, with a pan of custard bubbling away. We all sat in deck chairs, in the dark, and had the best bananas and custard. I think she / it literally saved me from the brink of disaster, and I've had a high dependencey on bananas and custard ever since.

I am determined not to repeat the nutrition and hydration disaster I had at the double ultra a couple of weeks back!  So I've invested in portable bananas and custard for the race.


I might not need three helpings, but I thought it best to be sure.

And I'm not sure what there will be at the checkpoints, so I've just been to the shop got some other stuff too.


In hindsight....I might have got a bit carried away. I forgot I have to have to carry everything I want to take. So I will spend the evening downsizing rations (or, eating the rations).

The main question is, is this enough flapjack to run 100km on?


We shall see.

Thank you so so much to everyone who has sponsored me so far! Fundraising is going really well, and your kindness knows no bounds. Your messages of support are meaning a tonne to Hannah and me, thank you! 💕 If you would like to check out the fundraising page and help us get closer to the target, it is HERE !!!!!! 😀

Thank you a million everyone for you support.

Right off to eat rations, I mean, pack bag....yes, pack bag. Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment