My Background

Saturday 10 August 2019

Marathon #127 - One Run To Find Them All, 10.08.2019


This was a Lord of the Rings themed run by Phoenix Running, in a new location, at the Denbies Wine Estate. If that's not a good place to have a run in, then I don't know what is.

That's what I'm Tolkein about!

I wasn't sure whether to go today. I wasn't well in the week, and the week was total absolute rubbish, and everything felt a bit beyond me right now, and I kind of wanted to hide from everything. But it was laps (each one 5km) today, and the good things about laps is you can finish whenever you want. So I thought, I probably won't feel any worse for going, in fact, I'll probably feel better for seeing everyone, so I'll just go along and see how it goes. I'm so glad I did, because I do feel much better!

The route was so pretty. It was really hilly and quite tough, but I loved it. It's very green, with lines and lines of vines stretching out towards beautiful views of the hills in every direction. Due to the weather, I didn't take any photos, as my bag was sheltering from the rain, deep inside the bag tent, but some views don't need a photo to remember them by.

For the first time in ages, I felt still inside. I know that sounds silly, because when running you are anything but still, but that's how it felt, running alongside the vines, and looking at the views. It even got sunny towards the end.

I think it is one of my favourite routes, and I wish I was still there, really. 

So many friends there, thanks a million for all for the chats and hugs! Witnessed lots of celebrations today too, and congratulations Alan on your 100th Marathon!

The only bad thing about today is that I'm right now stuck on a train home, somewhere near Wimbledon, because someone is trespassing on the railway. The train is full of a mixture of people who are either a) really angry, or b) totally trollied. A couple are having an arguement over "what is a trespasser" which quickly escalated to them getting off early and her shouting "if this makes us more late, I'M GONNA BE SO ANGRY WITH YOU!!!" Someone just spilt a bottle of wine everywhere. Her friend is trying to work out how long it's going to take to get back to London, based on us going at half speed, but is being corrected by the wine lady, who, (and I'm quite impressed by this given how much wine is slugging around the carriage right now), has pointed out that that won't work, AS WE AREN'T MOVING. 

I think the train guard is having a breakdown because every two minutes he keeps making an announcement to say he is so sorry for the delay and he knows this is the worst thing ever to happen, and just in case anyone missed it, he'll tell us what's happening again. How could anyone have missed it?? No one has got on it off for half an hour, because WE HAVENT MOVED! 

Did I say that already? Sorry. Still not moving. 

I'm wondering whether I should just crack open the wine from Denbies, and just join in with it all. 


Thanks Rik and lovely Phoenix Marshals for a fab run, and thanks to all my running friends today for being so amazing - love you guys big time!


There is the obvious problem that of the trilogy of races, I only have one. Yet I am encouraged that my ring is the Ring To Find Them...so I think that this is the most useful, as if you can find things, you can find the other two, right? Plus, being able to find things might help with my navigation....


2 comments:

  1. A lovely blog. I don't really read blogs but if I do have s min it's normally yours I will read xx xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fran!! Thank you so much, this made my day! :-) hoping to see you soon! xxx

      Delete