My Background

Saturday 7 March 2020

Book Day Challenge, 50 km - 07.03.2020


A run in the woods, Kings Wood, with SVN Running. The sun shone for a bit, wood you believe it? Not run this course before, and I loved it - 7 x 4.4 mile loops, some nice downhills, uphills, tracks, trees, views. Lovely. 

Big celebration today - George's 100th Marathon - many congratulations George!

I had a vegan sausage roll from Gregs as my second breakfast today, and instead of giving me the extra energy I thought it would, I felt all dizzy and weak after 3 laps. Luckily, there was a great aid station, like there always is at SVN, and so I was able to rectify my nutritional mishap with a fantastic array of snacks. My favourite was the bread pudding. Bread pudding! In a marathon! 

In exciting news in Coronovirus land, the port-a-loos seemed be faring better than the rest of the country, and still had plentiful supplies of toilet paper and hand sanitizer. How exciting!

Lovely day out in the woods, with lots of friends. Thanks Andrew for keeping me company, and for the emergency jelly babies. 




Enjoyed it so much that am going back tomorrow to do it all again......

No comments:

Post a Comment