My Background

Sunday 13 September 2020

Marathon #150 - The Phoenix Party Train, 13.09.2020


Today was my 150th marathon/ultra-marathon event. So at least I've achieved some kind of milestone during this Covid year πŸ˜†

Back at Phoenix, on the Party Train. Great to be back on my most run part of the towpath. Thanks Phoenix, Rik, Kat and Mandy for looking after us! Speaking of Mandy (Memories Sewn With Love).....thank you SEW MUCH for my wonderful cushion! 


I love it! And have already taken a nap on it, and it is super comfortable. I never really wear race t-shirts, but I hate them being squirrelled away in a drawer. This is so nice to be able to see them (or, nap on them) all the time! Thanks Mandy! 

Today I ran exactly the same time, 4:18, as yesterday, which is consistent, if nothing else. I just felt like I was running faster than that, but there you go. My four marathons back have been 4:17, 4:22, 4:18 and 4:18, which I just feel isn't showing much progress. But hey.

It was great to do another old favourite run, which I have been missing. And the routine, that I used to do often....the journey to Waterloo, although the bus didn't come, so I got an extra 3.5 of fairly speedy/anxious bonus miles in there (but it was pretty nice, with the sunrise, and it felt a bit like the start of Lockdown again, when London was empty)....
.....Pret for coffee (thanks Pret lady for my free coffee!!), the train, walk from the station and back along the river. Due to Covid restrictions, there were no race numbers today, so I spent the journey tattooing it on my arm... inked, innit!


I fell over, again, but I seem to be alternating the side I land on, giving each side time to heal properly. Last time I ripped my favourite running leggings, and this time I ripped my second favourite pair.  (Mandy, do you make cushions out of bits of leggings?? πŸ˜†) Thanks Vicky (and the two cyclists) who stopped to make sure I was alright!

Lovely to see so many familiar faces again! Things are feeling more like old times again. Thanks everyone for a great day πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’—πŸš‚ 

No comments:

Post a Comment