My Background

Saturday 12 September 2020

Practically Perfect In Every Run Marathon, 12.09.2020

 

Some days are supercalifragilisticexpialidocius. Today was one! 

Good to be back at Saturn, and thanks to George, Charlotte and Saturn running marshals for a great event, as always, I really missed them in lockdown. Even with the "new normal" (whatever that is) they are still relaxed, fun, and a great aid station!

The route was the long lap at Runnymede, about three miles east then about a mile west, x 6 for a marathon. Ran 4:18 which isn't too bad, and I felt quite good. So many faces out today (well, sometimes under masks), was very very lovely to see everyone and catch up, and the laps went by so quickly! Thanks Olga for the last lap! And to everyone for the company and laughs. I am still smiling now 😊

I love the medal so much. Easily one of my favourites!

Afterwards, a trip to the pub (thanks Julia for the drink!), as all the best marathons should end. 

Chim chiminey,
Chim chiminey,
Chim chim cher-ee!
A sweep is as lucky 
As lucky can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment