My Background

Friday 26 May 2023

Phoenix Fridays - Retro Friday, marathon, 26.05.2023

Today was four days after the Saxon 100 miler, and I was not sure at all I would be able to do a marathon. But it was a fabulous day, I felt suprisingly OK, and I enjoyed it very much!

After a small mishap with leaving my debit card in my running leggings at home, not in the running leggings I was wearing, I managed to get on a bus and on to Waterloo. Met Sarah in the front carriage, and choo-chooed away to Walton-on-Thames.

The weather was exceptional! Beautiful sunshine, yet not too hot. Blue skies, blue water, blue bridge....green grass, green trees....yellow flowers, white flowers, purple flowers....everything looked so perfect.

Sarah and I discussed: variations on how you can't teach an old dog (or other things) new tricks or trogs / how would you know if it was or if it wasn't? / accidents with gardening equipment / the joy of pretzels / feet / how much we love jackets.

Wildlife: lots of dogs, swans (in the wrong place), cygnets, ducks, and heard Dimitri (at gone noon), and terradacytls (probably).

We finished in 4:28:41. And today was my 100th Phoenix Event, so I earned my black graphite wings - thank you Rik and Team Phoneix for 100 fantastic experiences, for being a place I come to to feel happy, and for all of the friends I have met here! And also for an excellent event today. 

Well done all, and for all milestones achieved today! Good to catch up in the pub for chip chats ("gamon, egg and chips") afterwards and celebrate Sean's 150th marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment