My Background

Sunday 19 May 2013

Running in the rain

This week has been spent mostly resting and running/ walking in the rain.....

I like running in the rain. Only in the summer, the winter is too cold. I think this is a bit strange, no one else does, so I thought about why I like it:
1. The smell of rain when it's warm smells like the earth
2. Running through puddles
3. Watching the rain splash into ponds
4. The feel of rain on my face (good for skin)
5. The sound of rain on leaves as you run under trees
6. It's easier to keep going
7. The air feels clear
8. You might see a rainbow
9. What are you going to do about it? Might as well enjoy it :-)
10. It will stop eventually, and then everyone else will be in a good mood again

Well, that was this weeks thought. This is what I did whilst running in the rain:

Sun 12th: 4 miles
Mon 13th: rest
Tues 14th: rest
Wed 15th: rest
Thurs 16th: 11 miles
Fri 17th: rest
Sat 18th: 6 miles walk, 4 miles run
Sun 19th: 3.5 miles

And on Saturday I broke 3 of my Nike records! Since I got my watch and became addicted to recording obsessively what I do, I ran my fastest 1km, 5km and 1 mile. Still not very fast. But I will work on them. Feels good to try to do some speed-work again, I've been neglecting it, but it's time to bring it back.....

1 comment:

  1. Amy I admire the way you can be so positive about things like rain! I accept that if we want to live in England we have to put up with it and that England wouldn't be such a green and pleasant land but I can't be quite as positive about it as you are.
    In fact whilst walking along under the brollies today eating a very yummy ice cream I pondered on this.
    The only real reason I could come up with for walking in the rain was that if i didn't I probably wouldn't walk at all - it always seems to be raining.
    Rain on my face is fine but I need windscreen wipers on my glasses.
    Puddles are fun with wellies on but not if they go over the top of my walking boots and I get soggy socks.
    Walking under trees in rain usually means the drip down my neck.
    However it's not all negative I just like to moan. I wouldn't live anywhere else and I've no intention of not walking so i will just keep the waterproof clothing manufacturers in business and continue splash around.
    Mum xx

    ReplyDelete