My Background

Sunday 5 May 2013

Why do I run


I run because on a beautiful day the best feeling is deep breaths of fresh air filled with the scent of flowers, the sun on my face, the sound of birds singing.

I run because on dark days of winter it gets me out in the world when otherwise I would hide at home.

I run to escape.

I run to see places and moments you miss in a car.

I run to make my family proud of me.

I run because I have met some of my best friends through it, and to spend time with people close to me.

I run because I have had some of the best experiences of my life through it, and it has made some of the happiest memories.

I run because it is good for my body, and disciplines my mind.

I run because it helped cure my depression and has kept it away ever since.

I run because you told me I couldn't, so I showed you I could.

I run to race, to push my limits, to challenge myself to achieve what I thought I could not.

I run to feel powerful.

I run to encourage others to do a sport they love too.

I run because I can enjoy food, because food is my fuel.

I run every step because I am lucky I am here and I can.

I run because by doing it I can help raise money for charity.

I run because every breath I take and every step I make I feel the energy of the people I remember by doing it.

I run because it makes me happy.

I run because I love it.

I run because it defines who I am. It is part of me. It is what I do.

                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment