My Background

Thursday 12 September 2013

Change of plan....

....my relocation to Leeds has resulted in a last minute change to the line-up of the final 3 marathons!

My next race was next weekend, the New Forest Marathon, which I've wanted to do for years and was very much looking forward to.

But it takes about 7 hours (?!) to get from Leeds to the New Forest on a train and costs a fortune, which doesn't fit in with my new student ( :-( ) budget (still adjusting to this!)....

...but fear not! My Mum got on the case and had two plan Bs before I had even noticed there was a problem, and so Marathon #11 will now be (drum-roll).....The Birmingham Canal Canter!

This looks very exciting I have to say. It's organised by the Long Distance Walkers Association, who if I may say so, seem to be a group of people with their priorities in the right order. The focus most definitely seems to be on the refreshment side of the day, I have been instructed to bring a mug (for tea stops) and at Checkpoint 3 there is a BAKING COMPETITION! This sounds altogether a splendid 'race'.

Be prepared for a Personal Worst on the time-front. I've factored in an extra half hour for Checkpoint 3 alone. 

Exciting!

The last two races will stay the same - Chester and The Spooky Halloween Challenge as they are both oop north :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment