My Background

Friday 20 September 2013

One more sleep till marathon # 11.....

....eeek, how did that happen?!

What a week! I have moved to Leeds and started my dietetics course. I'm still feeling slightly dazed and confused about everything, but I think it's all good so far!

I have joined a new running club in Leeds, so have met some new people there and am learning some new routes around and about the city. The tennis club where it's based has a sauna which I am quite excited about, seems like a good way to warm up after a winter run!

This week I have just done two runs, a 10km on Wednesday and a 5km today. I accidentally broke a record on my watch today by running my fastest mile, 7.25min/mile.... not sure if that's a good idea the day before a marathon or not, but never mind! I also realized today that tomorrow isn't a marathon distance, but is longer at just over 27 miles. So, it will be my first ultra event! It's also a mostly self navigated route, so has big potential to be longer than is should be, as I am navigating, and can't. If I'm not back by evening, send help.

Just setting off now to stay at a hotel nearer the race tonight. Weather is looking good for tomorrow. Mum Dad and Andrew all coming along too. I've made some team biscuits (we'll need the energy, right):


Trainers packed, so let's go! 


No comments:

Post a Comment