My Background

Monday 28 April 2014

Blue

I thought you were supposed to feel invincible and unstoppable after achieving a goal.

I can't explain it, but since the race I have been feeling right out of sorts. Lethergic, unmotivated, uninterested, feeling down.......

....I thought that I should probably do some research to get to the bottom of it, but then I didn't have the energy, and couldn't see the point.

I did half-read something about opoid-like things in your brain and running, and I think I might have got addicted to running a long way, and now I'm going through some kind of withdrawal, because I've been for plenty of runs since the race, and enjoyed them at the time, but I'm missing the buzz afterwards, it's like I can't do enough. 

So, as a true addict, I have arranged for some future fixes:
  • 17.05.14: The Marafun, Orpington
  • 12.07.14: The Lyke Wake 42 miles
  • 23.08.14: The Thames Meander Marathon
  • Next year: The LDWA annual 100 mile event, in Lancashire next year
But I wish the Woldsman race wasn't over! Perhaps that's the problem. Maybe I am thinking of the past and wishing for it to still be happening too much, and so am missing the good that could be/ actually is happening right now.. 


...so enough! It's been two weeks. I have to keep my amazing memories that  I have collected from the experience, and use them to direct my future!

1 comment:

  1. Blue is a very nice colour but NOT one you should be feeling now !!! I do know what you mean though. There is such a lot of preparation, training etc before these events that everything feels a bit "empty" when they are over. Walking our long distance footpaths is much the same which is why we usually like to have one in the planning stage so we have something to aim for.
    Enjoy your success and then move on to the next challenge. There are many new challenges out there to test you. Go and get them!!!
    Mum xx

    ReplyDelete