My Background

Friday 11 April 2014

The Woldsman 50 miles.....1 days to go!

Thanks to everyone who has been so nice since my anxious post. You have made me feel better! Can't believe the race is tomorrow! So, still feeling nervous, but excited now too. And today is beautiful weather!

Packed.

Have remembered map. And have been studying it. My Dad has transferred the written route to the actual map, and my Mum has made me copies to carry on the run :-) First time this year I'm taking sunglasses. Get in! On second thoughts, this is sure to make it rain.

OK: maps, compass, head-torch (in case I'm not finished by dark, eek), whistle, clothes, trainers, socks, spare socks, waterproofs, bag, watch (and Andrew's for when the battery runs out), sunglasses, food.....whoever said running was easy because you don't need anything to do it- errm, clearly that's not true!

Also, quite excited about my first 30th birthday present! A fold-able water bottle, from Catherine - thank you! I just washed it out. It has a slight lemony taste now, from the washing up liquid. But at least my insides will be clean too. It's cool, it's squishy and easy to carry. 

Right, off to compile a motivational play list for my i-pod, for any low moments I might encounter on the way around . Then off the Driffield this afternoon.....

Thanks again everyone for all your support :-) Will let you know how it goes! 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment