My Background

Wednesday 13 September 2017

Some more running in Sydney!

Days 3, 4 and 5 of Run Every Day While I'm Away were all variations on a theme. A very wonderful theme. Close to where we were staying was somewhere called Cremorne Point, a beautiful little peninsula, which despite its small size, packs in a bush nature reserve, a lighthouse, a ferry wharf, boating clubs, majestic old mansions, and beautiful gardens. Running there early in the morning, it felt like paradise, somewhere you dream of but don't believe is real. Words can't do it justice, so here are some photos instead....


Andrew, me, Robertson's Point Lighthouse

Tropical!


Bird of paradise flower


View across the harbour to the city

Speedy up the steps 

On day 4 I also did a 13 mile walk along the coast from Spit Bridge to Manly. It took a couple of hours for me to adapt to the idea I was walking through the bush, albeit on a nice path, on my own, and that spiders were probably dancing about nimbly with all their horrible legs, in the trees above me. I jumped at every shadow, and winced every time something touched my skin. I still didn't see a spider though. What I did see was a great number of beautiful birds, and the whole walk sounded like a beautiful chorus of bird song...

A cockatoo?

The Little Penguins who live in Manly  declined to make an appearance, but imagine.

A fancy turkey?

No idea.

My Australian bird knowledge needs some work. 


Until that happens, I diversified in wildlife spotting for a while, and saw some lizards. This one took me a bit by surprise, and I almost fell off the cliff when I saw it sat next to me. But we soon got over that and enjoyed the view together 


No comments:

Post a Comment