My Background

Tuesday 12 September 2017

Some running in Sydney!

G'day from Down Under! 

And now I've got that out of my system, I promise there will be no more Australian jokes. For now.

After a long and arduous journey across the globe (involving luxury lounges, a day in Singapore, a Singapore Sling, and eating so much on the plane I could feel myself putting on weight) we touched down in Sydney on Thursday morning. Possibly the most significant piece of news so far is that today I've been in Australia for 5 days, and I still haven't seen a spider. A statement which I'm sure is going to come back to bite me fairly soon, but hopefully not literally. 

On Friday I started my Run Each Day While I'm Away challenge (a name that I coined whilst in Raffels having a Singapore Sling), after having woken up at 5.30am with jet lag, it seemed a good time to start. We were staying with our good friends Zoe and James, and Zoe does a boot camp early each morning underneath the Sydney Harbour Bridge, so she have gave us a lift, some instructions for a route, and in just a couple of miles we were here!



I had no idea, but the Sydney Harbour Bridge is 1.5km end to end! Almost a mile! It's beautiful running over it.

Day two of Run Each Day While I'm Away proved a little more challenging. Having not seen Zoe for nigh on 2 years, it seemed a good idea at the time to attempt to catch up with this amount of wine in one night which in hindsight (that wonderful thing) wasn't such a great idea. A 16 km run down to the bridge, over to the opera house, through the botanical gardens to Mrs Maquaries seat, and back again, soon sorted that out, and things were back on track!



The wifi here is not great. Not great at all. I am therefore reducing my standards of presenting a well formatted blog to whatever happens, so apologies for whatever mess I end up posting. 

Which is distressing as I font like this font which has suddenly appeared. Or, I don't like this font. Argh!!! I can't even get it to type properly. 

Anyway, I'll post this now before it somehow gets felted, and continue later.

Deleted! Felted?? Predictive text is puzzling. Who would use the word felted more often than the word deleted? Other than felters. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah but you are in the wrong hemisphere. Everything will be upside down and back to front including fonts!!!! Great photos though, if anywhere can get your enthusiasm for running back I think it will be Australia and New Zealand 🙂. Mum and Dad xx

    ReplyDelete