My Background

Sunday 12 April 2020

Isolation Easter - a poem

It's feeling very odd, 
To have Easter trapped at home, 
Last year, ten marathons in ten days, 
But now we run alone. 

As Covid sweeps the World, 
Causing fear and misery, 
We join together (2 m apart),
Show solidarity.

Because although I'm sad, 
To miss friends and family, 
What with Facebook, Zoom, Whatapps and Skype, 
We share the love, for free! 

Long runs now are shorter, 
But I love them every day,
Time to be creative, find new routes,
Quiet ones, so safe we stay.

My favourite place to run,
Right now is in the City,
The usual noises, now fall silent,
It's cool stone streets feel eerie.

Without the usual crowds,
There is time to stop and see,
The ancient places, tiny alleys,
Secret gardens, birds, a bee.

As it's Easter Sunday,
The place to which we must run,
Is iconic St Paul's cathedral,
Standing empty in the sun.

The chiming of the bells,
And the blue sky clear and bright,
The sweet smell of tulips in the air,
It is the perfect sight.

I miss you all my friends,
Stay safe in the Easter sun,
I hope we'll be reunited soon,
And life will carry on!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment