My Background

Sunday 26 April 2020

Lockdown - Week 5

Well, here we go for Lockdown Week 5. Running (ha ha, ha) out of inspiration here, so sticking with the theme of a Good Thing each day for another week.

Day 28 - Monday 20th April, 2 x 5 km
Good Thing - I completed Monday in one piece. Which is a fact not celebrated often enough. I had got myself in a tizz over the weekend, worrying and dreading being trapped in the dungeon office on my own, with a load of (virtual, for me, yet still very real) stresses kicking off, and not seeing the sunlight for hours and hours.... As it turned out, it was OK, and I realised another Good Thing, that as there is no-one else in the office, and everything is virtual now, I now don't need to bother taking my shower things to work for after my run commute 😂 Or even put on make-up, or even brush my hair I suppose, but I should maintain some standards (for in case of in promptu video calls, more than anything else).

Day 29 - Tuesday 21st April, 2 x 5 km
Good Thing - it's still sunny, and I got to run twice today.

Day 30 - Wednesday 22nd April, 2 x 5 km
Good Thing - it's still sunny, and I got to run twice today.

Day 31 - Thursday 23rd April, 2 x 5 km
Good Thing - it's still sunny, and I got to run twice. OK, OK, there are good things happening, yes there are, I just have to think. Think think think. Oh yes! My Mum has found my missing Marathon #1 medal, thank goodness!


Day 32 - Friday 24th April, 2 x 5 km
Good Things are always easier to find at the weekend, and now it's Friday and it's STILL SUNNY. Which is an Extra Good Thing...... sitting in the sunshine with a cold glass of rose (another Good Thing), looking up at the clear blue sky, with a two day break stretching ahead into the sun...

Day 33 - Saturday 25th April, 6.5 miles
I miss the City Runs in the week! So it seemed prudent to get back to running there....


...you just can't trump it...


So I chose my Good Thing today, as being able to get back here, and managing not to be bored with my limited routes yet. There's always something new to see if you're looking for it.



Went in the evening so it was nice and quiet....


.....so made it all the way to St Paul's....


...without getting into any trouble...


Found a new building (The Guildhall, which has been there since 1440, but this is the first time I've been):



And another Good Thing - I learnt how to make bread with no yeast, for those lockdown times when you need emergency bread.



Day 34 - Sunday 26th April, 12 miles
My second longest run of lockdown = Good Thing. Up early to avoid people, through City....


...to St Paul's....

....then on down to the River, over it, some miles past Waterloo and looping back towards the Shard...
...before turning around and heading back. It was a blooming lovely run...

...which was really no surprise, as the signs were all there.
Weekly total: managed my best weekly mileage, 50 miles, of Lockdown so far - and I earned my first goal badge on Garmin after hitting the target I set myself at the beginning of the week, after I decided I should get back in to having targets. 


No comments:

Post a Comment