My Background

Sunday 17 October 2021

Born To Run, Andy's Memorial Run - 17.10.2021 (marathon #175)


Today was a very special run, with Suffolk Running Centre, to remember Andy Golding, a brilliant runner and a wonderful guy, who passed away whilst running here in June.

Thank you SRC for putting on such a beautiful event. So so many people there, the start and the minutes clapping was surely a moment to be remembered. It was very lovely to be together to celebrate Andy, catch up with old friends, and make new ones too.

4 x 10km laps on the newly named Golding Hills route. This wound it's way out through Barrow (past the duck pond with 100s of quacking ducks), and on to some tiny country lanes, with some quite lively hills in there (which were completed x 4)! The tops of the hills made for some lovely rolling views of the Suffolk countryside. Very beautiful! I love SRC, and I don't run here enough. 

At the end, to raise money, there was a cake sale, which I think is fair to say was very well supported indeed! (by all, not just me, however these photos might make it look)




The kindest hearted guy, with the biggest smile - I will miss you Andy. Rest easy my friend. 💛💙💛

FYI, should you be interested to check it out....the event was raising money for Cardiac Risk in the Young 

No comments:

Post a Comment