My Background

Monday 25 October 2021

Saturn Running 10 Bees Day 4, 50km, 25.10.2021

After ending up having to isolate for a week, today I got released. 

Woop!

Saturn Running have got their 10 in 10 series going on right now. It's called 10 Bees in 10 Days, and each day you have 8 hours to run as many 4.4 mile laps as you like. The medals are so cute, and if you do all 10 you get a special flower medal that the tiny bee pins all fit on. Super cute! 

I did my 1 Bee in 1 Day today. And earnt my orange bee!


Loved it, as I love all my Saturn events! Great people, great chat, and a great aid station (giant sherbet strawberry laces!!).

The weather was wonderful (apart from one short downpour), it doesn't really feel like the end of October, it's so lovely. The sunshine and the autumn colours on the peaceful Thames were beautiful! 











Plus there were some extra bees out on course, can you beelieve it?


Pretty small field with it being a Monday, but plenty of good chat opportunities on the way round, of course! It was so good to catch up with so many of my friends. Big shout outs to all my lovely friends doing the 10 days - you are epic and all looking strong! Half way day tomorrow! 

I was planning on a marathon, but I was so excited to be out of the house, and was having such a good day, I decided to do 50km (plus, the 50km pin is orange, so matches the bee).


Thanks Jagjit for the photo!

I only fell over once, and that was into a mud puddle, so no damage done. I think I might retire this pair of leggings. The first time I wore them was when I hurt my calf and couldn't run at SVN, the next time I wore them was at the Jersey Marathon where I threw myself down a hill and lost a chunk out of my knee (and some of the leggings), and today I wore them and ended up face first in mud. I'm not superstitious, but this feels like there might be an issue here. So let me replace my leggings, while I walk round this ladder, pick up that penny, touch some wood, throw some salt over my shoulder, and find another magpie to go with the one I just saw. That's better!

Thanks to Charlotte, George and the Saturn Team for another fabulous event! And Good Luck to everyone for the rest of the series! I will be thinking of you all buzzing along the towpath for the next 6 days, and will be with you in spirit! 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

No comments:

Post a Comment