My Background

Friday 15 March 2013

1 more sleep till Smallest Marathon

This week has been a little tough, but what's a little tough in the grand scheme of things. A problem is a challenge, and a challenge is an opportunity! Someone important must have said that once.

That said I have been feeling rather rough due to a course of antibiotics, so an enforced entire week of tapering (feeling sorry for myself, plus 2 x 30 minute runs, during which I felt  even more sorry for myself) has just happened. So I'm feeling a little unsure of myself ahead of tomorrow, but who knows, I'm not normally very good at tapering, so maybe it'll even help? I've also tried to teach myself some Pilates moves, which has been resoundingly unsuccessful. I am weak to the core! Must try harder.

Following the cake fueled high of the Belvoir marathon, I have just made some banana and chocolate flapjacks to take tomorrow.

My Mum and sister are coming to watch, which has increased participation in the Smallest Marathon by 200%! I will look out for them at mile 3 by Barnes Bridge, mile 12 in Richmond Park (on 'a road' by 'a stream' - so hopefully), and the end, should I make it that far.

Starting at 10am and this is my route....see you after!

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5846520

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment