My Background

Monday 29 April 2013

Recovery week

Had a pretty relaxed weeks running this last week, busy with work etc, only managed 2 runs, but had a great time on both.... running in the sun!

Had a break after the marathon from Sunday until Thursday. This marathon hurt more than usual. Even though my finishing time was pretty much the same as Blackpool, I felt fine straight after Blackpool, but this week there was a good couple of days straight after the race where my legs were really sore and I felt quite tired. I think this could be 1) getting the pace wrong at the start maybe hurts your muscles more than if you hit the right pace to begin with and keep it up the whole distance, i.e. not faster running/ mixed with dodging around people/ slower running 2) not having enough nutrition during the race I think seems to delay my recovery afterwards.

So, Thursday I ran for an hour around Cambridge after working there in the day time. I was running in the fields, and it smelt of grass and trees, and the sun was shining....I felt totally at peace with the world. 

Then another break until Sunday, and then ran along the river west from Putney for 4 miles, and back again, with Andrew to work up an appetite before DINNER!!! Which was delicious, thanks Norma!  

Now back on track for a good week of training this week, before an easier week next week before the next marathon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment