My Background

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Mixed weather and mixed feelings

Have been feeling a bit under the weather for the last couple of days. Had the afternoon off from lectures so was going to go home and get a hot water bottle and a duvet and sit and do some work and feel sorry for myself for the afternoon. After finishing my first essay assignment (woop!) I got bored and decided to go out for a run to see if it helped. This morning it felt really cold, so I geared up in winter running stuff, but it turned out to be waaaay too hot, I am so confused by the weather right now! 

Is it still summer....
...or is it autumn now...
?!?!?!

Who knows.

Well, it hasn't really helped, but the cold/headache had better be gone by Sunday for MARATHON NUMBER 12 :-D

Been feeling pretty good since the last race, up till now, so have got a few more good runs in:

Sun 22nd September: 3.15 miles, 34:17 mins, 10:51 min/mile, 268 kcal
Mon 23rd September: rest 
Tues 24th September: 5.01 miles, 41:58 mins, 8:22 min/mile, 426 kcal
Wed 25th September: 6.8 miles , 62:00 mins, 9:09 min/mile, 578 kcal
Thurs 26th September: rest
Fri 27th September: 5 miles, 53:08 mins, 10:37 min/mile, 425 kcal
Sat 28th September: 3.32 miles, 26:37 min, 8:00 min/mile, 282 kcal
Sun 29th September: 4 miles, 35:42 mins, 9:14 min/mile, 328 kcal
Mon 30th September: rest
Tues 1st October: 5 miles, 44:04 mins, 8:40 min/mile, 432 kcal

I'm looking forward to Sunday, but it weird to think that it's the second to last one. When I think back to January and how apprehensive I was about starting the marathons, and I didn't think I would be able to do them all, I thought something like this was something other people could do and it was something that I could only read about and wish that I could do it too, and I never really thought about getting to the end of them all. And now I'm almost there and I've almost done something that I thought I couldn't, and it has been such an amazing journey, I don't want it to end. It feels like my Auntie is still here because she is the reason that I started this, and every run feels like she is here because really it's for her, and I'm scared that once it stops then it will feel like she is really gone, even though that sounds stupid now I've written it down. So, I really have mixed feelings about being at this point, I'm pleased, but I'm sad at the same time.

That's OK though. I think it's OK to feel sad as long as you recognize it and think about how you can use the emotion in a positive way. The idea of running further than I ever thought I could doesn't seem intimidating anymore, and now instead of being scared that I can't do something, I want to try it and see if I can. So, even though it's near the end of 13 in 2013, 2014 is coming up.....I'm thinking of the next thing...any ideas???? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment