My Background

Monday 3 August 2015

100 Days of Running Day 94: a day outdoors

 
 
Had some weird dreams last night. Under the influence of too much Deep Heat vapour. Dreamt I was starting a 100 mile race, and a Viking was sailing a blow up boat down the river next to me. I was trying to talk to him, but he was ignoring me.
 
Interestingly, when I woke up, I was more concerned for the Viking than I was about the 100 miles.
 
Leg a bit sore from yesterday, even after all the Deep Heat. Find that moving it helps it more than keeping it still, so joined my parents on a 13 mile walk over in Yorkshire. Very beautiful walk and a lot of fun! From Blackstone Edge reservoir (windy/ wearing all layers), along some of the Pennine Way up on the moors (bleak/ windy/ take off some layers), up Stoodley Pike (picnic/ raining/ windy/ put some layers back on), down by Mankinholes (raining/ take off all coats except waterproof), back along the valley (sunny/ green/ take off waterproof), and finishing up with a nice big hill (passing an Animal Retirement Home on the way). 
 
Finished off with a 5 mile run along the canal once we got home. I decided walking miles can't count towards running miles, because I have to wear different shoes.
 
Love the feeling when you've been out in the fresh air all day doing exercise!
 
 
Stats
Total days: 94 days
Total miles: 957 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment