My Background

Friday 7 August 2015

100 Days of Running Day 97 - family time!

 
 
In preparation for Saturday's Preston Parkrun, had a training run with Mr L this morning! 3.3 miles, my Dad's longest run by 0.2 miles - well done Dad! We have 20 seconds to knock off on Saturday, to get our time under 30 minutes, and I'll bet we'll do it, with time left over for a cuppa. Bring on Saturday!
 
 
Afterwards, we went to Crosby to visit my Northern Family. My Aunty Ursula has had 8 weeks of chemo now, and its all going well so far, so all fingers crossed (if you some spare fingers to cross, please cross them too!)  that she will be able to have the last 4 weeks with no problems too. She looks great, was so good to see her! And lots of the rest of my family too. It was her and my Uncle David's wedding anniversary - happy anniversary to a wonderful pair!
 
Had a trip to Crosby Beach with my other lovely Aunty and Uncles to see Antony Gormley's Another Place. 100 cast iron sculptures of the artists own body face towards the sea, submerged and revealed with the ebbing tides. The piece is controversial in the local area (and within my family). But what is art, if not a talking point? Some people think it is inappropriate that the statues are naked, but my Mum and Aunty Ann, as fans of the sculptures, have come up with a solution.
 
 
I don't see how anyone could object to that, really. What a lovely outfit.
 
I like them, clothes or no clothes. They are thoughtful, staring out to sea. What are they thinking? The sea comes and goes, but the men stay there, although nature is sculpting the sculptures in it's own way.
 
3 days left! Big thanks to everyone who has donated!
 
There is still time! ......... :-)
 
 
Stats
Total days: 97 days
Total miles: 967 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment