My Background

Thursday 6 August 2015

100 Days of Running Day 96 - 4 days to go!

 

Today ran 4 miles, leg still sore but getting better. Nothing much exciting happened on the run, other than it didn't rain, which was quite different to usual, and I've seen the same man walking his dog three days in a row, which means that I must have got quite predictable in my running routine over the last few days. If this pesky knee would stop being a bugger, I would do something different.
 
That's about it for the running news today, so in order to make this a bit more interesting, let's rewind to 1996 (day 96 - this is a bit tedious I know, but bear with me here, tomorrow I promise I will have come up with some new inspiration, and stop recycling old ideas).
 
Sad news after all the excitement of Take That in 1995, they split up in 1996. Everything Changes. But the baton of feel good pop was passed to the Spice Girls, who carried it on with the eternally memorable Wannabe!
 
I wanna I wanna I wanna I wanna I wanna really really really wanna zigagzig ha!
 
(now trying to get that out of your head in the next three days)
 
Other things that happened that year: they decided on where to build the Millenium Dome. Prince Charles and Princess Diana got divorced. So did the Duke and Duchess of York.  Dolly the Sheep was born. You could by GM foods for the first time. The Ford KA was released (and 8 years later the car I just bought was made). Sad news as well, with the Dunblane massacre and IRA bombings in London happening this year.

That'll be it for the history for a while (if you get any questions on the 90s in any quizzes, you'll be laughing). Tomorrow I'll think of something original.

4 days left!

Thank you so much to everyone who has sponsored me already!!! You're all amazing and we are so grateful for your kindness. Thank you.

If you haven't, but would like to, there is still time to donate! Every penny counts, and is much appreciated for these three fantastic charities!
 


Stats
Total days: 96 days
Total miles: 964 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment