My Background

Saturday 8 August 2015

100 Days of Running Day 98 - a time to think

 
 
So the day before the day before the last day was today. Got that? Did 10 miles along a route by the canal towards Blackburn, which holds good and bad memories for running. Right in the first week on day 3 I did this run and it rained the whole time, was as cold as an ice pop in the arctic, I was sore from running 2 x 10 km races at the weekend, and I thought getting through 100 days of this seemed less likely than something happening twice in a blue moon (incidentally, there was a blue moon last month, which will teach me to make rash comparisons to things without first thinking about them properly) .
 
I've also had a few good runs along this route (at least until you start to get to Blackburn), in sunshine and positivity, when nothing could stop me reaching day 100.
 
Today was somewhere in the middle, I think because I knew it was the last time that I would run here in the fundraising challenge, and I hate things ending, so this was sad enough for me by itself. I thought about seeing my Aunty yesterday, and how positive she is despite how rubbish she must be feeling from all the treatment, and how unfair life is that it's thrown this at her, when she is such a lovely and wonderful person.
 
I allowed a few moments of melancholy to reflect on all this. Then I remembered the whole thing that made me want to do this was to do something positive for my Aunty, as she is always so positive herself. And here I was wallowing around like a pig in a great deep mud pit of negativity. What right have I got to be so negative? So I slapped myself round the face (got some strange looks from some people on a passing canal boat), snapped out of the mood, and pushed for home, in order to be one step closer to finishing this thing properly, for my Aunty, and for the charities too.
 
After some calculations I have figured out what the remaining runs will be:
 
Saturday (day 99): Preston Park run (5km) with Dad, plus 3.5 miles afterwards
Sunday (day 100): The Hoad Hill Marathon (26.2 miles)
 
This will bring the grand total to 1010 miles. Boom!
 
 
Stats
Total days: 98 days
Total miles: 977 miles

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe the 100 days is nearly finished. It seemed such a huge challenge on day one and you've nearly completed it. You are a mega star.
    I seem to have got a bit behind with these comments. Just shows how organised and committed you are to manage to write such a good blog every day. Having said that I take exception to day 95 comments! We didn't make you walk in the rain EVERY weekend, it probably just seemed like it. And we always had a good supply of smarties etc as encouragement!.
    Agree Mondays walk (day 94) up Stoodley Pike was excellent. And OK yes we took you for a walk in the rain - nothing has changed in 20 years except there weren't any smarties.
    Really looking forward to cheering you over the finish line at the Hoad Hill marathon on day 100. All targets met. It's such an achievement and we are all very very proud of you.
    Mum and Dad xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There had better be smarties. Rain or no rain.
      Thank you for your support - couldn't have done it without you, and wouldn't have wanted to anyway as it wouldn't be nearly as much fun without you both!
      I'm not kidding about the smarties.
      OK?
      xxx

      Delete